FACEFemales Abroad for Career Enhancement
Career project for female scientists
FACE: Females Abroad for Career Enhancement
The SFB offers two career projects for female scientists who want to establish a sustained cooperation with a foreign laboratory. With this program, we want to strengthen career opportunities for female scientists by supporting international experience and visibility. The host laboratory should be leading in the respective field, and the cooperation should significantly widen the scope and scientific curriculum of the scientist. The program is open to all female members of the SFB. Mothers are especially encouraged to apply and will receive special family support (see below).
Scientific aims include
- acquisition of new, complex techniques;
- work on common publications or grant proposals;
- joining expertise for common experimental work.
Support will be given for
- 2-4 visits in the host lab during the present funding period;
- total duration of up to 16 weeks;
- travel costs for accompanying children;
- child care;
- travel costs for one accompanying person (partner or professional child care worker) as needed.
Selection will be done by the Steering Committee, based on the scientific excellence of the proposal, choice of the host lab, and the expected value for the applicant’s career perspectives.
Please submit the following documents to the SFB office:
- CV (one page);
- complete publication list;
- work program (max. 800 words; including a section on project-derived career perspectives);
- a letter of invitation/acceptance of the host laboratory.